Friday, October 19, 2012

Wee Mac

So this is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite beers. It is the beer that turned me onto fresh local beer. I could drink this every day and become the Even Bigger Guy, if that was not completely irresponsible. It is 5.4% abv with 23 IBUs.

One of my favorite days of the week is Friday. Yes it is the end of the work week. Yes I get to go home and see my family, but I also get to hit up Sun King Brewery for growler fill Friday on the way home. Growler fill Friday, is when you can get any of Sun King's three flagship beers for just $5 a growler. It is hard to find a better deal on craft beer anywhere. Since today is Friday, I recommend that you head down to Sun King and check it out for yourself.
Wee Mac is a Scottish Ale. It is a beautiful red brown color. When poured it has just a slight amount of light colored head. The beer has a malty body that tastes of fresh bread, caramel and a hint of nuts. It reminds me of eating my mom's raisin nut bread when I was a kid. The IBUs are pretty solid, which gives the beer a nice finish and rounds it out so you could have a few of these in a sitting without getting a belly full of sugar. The mouth feel is lighter than you would assume based on its color. 
The flavor is dominated by sweet maltiness, but the complexity keeps me coming back. This beer is a great one for whatever you are doing. 

This is one of my all time favorites. Great job Sun King. Glad you're in my back yard.

I give it a 4.5


Professor Beer:
Sun King's Wee Mac is also a favorite of mine.  It's easy to drink, and is one of my go-to beers wherever it's available.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment