Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pooka


The Brugge Brasserie's Pooka is an American Wild Ale with 6.00% ABV.

This beer is light reddish or even pinkish in color, and quite cloudy.  The head settled fairly quickly, leaving some lacing.  There are fruity or berry notes to the aroma, as well as some tartness.

The taste starts with a nice, medium lemon and berry sourness, followed by a maltiness that still has some lemon notes, and finishing with a berry flavor and sour aftertaste.  The Pooka has a medium body, with light carbonation and a somewhat dry finish.

The Pooka is an easily drinkable sour, which I imagine most people won't find overpoweringly tart.  This is definitely one of my favorite Brugge beers, and I don't think I've ever had one of their beers that I didn't like.  In fact, my biggest complaint about the Pooka is that they won't fill a growler with it.




The Big Guy: Pooka is like a sour on training wheels. Its a great place to start if you haven't spent a lot of time with that particular style of beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment