Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oktoberfest - Thr3e Wisemen

Thr3e Wisemen made one hell of a Oktoberfest. Sadly, I take a shitty picture when I have been drinking. My bad.

This beer came out with a nice golden brown color, darker than a lot of Oktobefests I've had this season, and a snow white head that stuck around throughout the entire pint.

This Oktoberfest was maltier than most Oktoberfests I've had this year. It had a great caramel malty flavor in the body of it with some nice fall spices. The spices were accented by the hops which gave it a robust all around good taste. With all the maltiness, I was impressed that they were able to keep the sweetness more subdued. This helped keep it from just becoming a sweet beer with nothing else. There was a great sweetness upfront with a really crisp dry backbone. I could drink this all night, in fact...

I had a couple of pitchers, and the last pint was going down just as smoothly as the first.

I give this Oktobefest a 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment