Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Scene: Boombozz

Boombozz is a restaurant that replaced the Mongolian BBQ in Carmel off of Greyhound Pass. I was skeptical when if first opened, but when I got in the restaurant was booming and the bar was fantastic. They were everything I had hopped for and more. It was like I had died and gone to pizza heaven.

Food was great. They have a ton of local beer selections on tap; including a few of their own beers. (Their beers were okay, but nothing to write home about. A solid 2.5 for the amber). I have now been there a couple times and the best appetizer by far is the Soft Pretzels ($5.99). They are outstanding. Boombozz actually deep fries the pretzel just enough to give it a slightly crisp outside.

Last night we had the Loaded Potato Nachos ($5.99). They were very good. There was a great portion of cheese and toppings on crispy homemade potato chips. All the pizzas I have had so far were very good. They use some unique fresh topics with a great crust.


One of my favorite parts of Boombozz is getting a flight of their beers. I was able to get four different beers from Flat12, Founders and some other solid Indy beers. It is a great opportunity to try some things you have not been able to get your hands on before.

   

Check them out. Great bar. Great food. Great beer.

I give the food 4 heads

I give the beer list a 4.5 heads. They do a great job supporting local breweries.




No comments:

Post a Comment