Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Preservation Pilsner

I finally got down to 20 Tap in Broadripple this weekend, and started hitting some beers that I hadn't had or hadn't had in a while. The Preservation Pilsner by Upland Brewing Co.is a beer that I haven't had since before I really got into craft beers. I remembered liking it, but that was when I was more into pilsners and lagers, mostly made by the big boys.

The Preservation Pilsner is a Bohemian Style Pilsner. It has 36 IBUs and 5.2% abv.

The beer had a fruity and grainy aroma that reminded me of Bloomington, IN. It smelled light and sweet. It poured a light yellowish color with a thing white head. The flavor was crisp and fruity with hints of pear and some citrus. It reminded me of a dry white wine because it finished so cleanly. This was a totally chug-able beer.

All that being said it was lighter than I wanted it to be. A little more maltiness would give it an overall stronger flavor and would pair nicely with the sweetness that was already there.

It is funny how our tastes change. Five years ago I had only had a few craft beers and was normally looking for something light and mild. The Preservation fit the bill. After trying so many other beers and styles the pilsner just seemed boring.

I give it a 2.5, not because there is anything wrong with it, but because there isn't much to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment