Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Frog's Hallow Double Pumpkin Ale

If you haven't figured it out my wife and I really like pumpkin beers. The Hoppin Frog's, Frog's Hallow Double Pumpkin Ale is 8.4% ABV. That is my kind of ABV!

This was a pretty damn good Pumpkin Ale. It had no head to speak of with a pumpkin orangey color. It had nice malty bready spicey smells, like a pumpkin pie.

Upfront it was a strong malty flavor with a lot of nice fall spices. It reminded me a lot of a pumpkin pie batter before it was put into the oven. There is a hint of caramel in the body of the beer. It finishes an alcohol bitterness that is not overwhelming but does seem to announce that the beer is complete. The bomber of this can get even a big guy in a good mood for a night of drinking.




I give it a festive 4







No comments:

Post a Comment