Friday, February 22, 2013

The Scene: The Brockway Public House

The Brockway Public House is right down the street from where I live, and has become one of my favorite places to grab a pint. It has a nice quiet dark atmosphere with plenty of booths and tables tucked away in the nooks and crannies.  In the summer they have a great patio and can open garage doors to let fresh air in. They have a great schedule of live bands, featuring a lot of Kilt Rock, or Irish Rock. When the bands are on stage the atmosphere is anything but quiet.

They've done a great job in bringing local beers and great pub food to Carmel. They mix traditional bar food with Irish Pub food to create something unique and delicious  I had the KP Burger, which is one of my favorites there, and O-Dawg had the bangers and mashed. The KP Burger is infused with cheddar cheese and cooked on a grill with a cover to hold in moisture. Then it's topped with the Brockway's special onion rings. The burger was done to perfection and is always fantastic. My favorite appetizer is the Dublin Pub Crisps. These are thick cut potato chips with their beer cheese covering them and topped with bacon and green onions.

Their beer list is pretty extensive. They have a handful of local beers from Indy and around the Mid West, as well has plenty of imports, specifically from Ireland and the rest of the UK.

We were in for Firkin Friday. This is something new they have worked out. Every Friday they are getting cask conditioned beer from somewhere local around Indy. My impressions were good. We had the Firkin Wee Mac which, I obviously liked. The firkin added a nice okay flavor to the beer that I enjoy so much. On a side note, I give the Firkin Wee Mac a 4 head rating.


I give the food a 3.5







I give the drink menu a 3.5. They do a good mix of local and international.




No comments:

Post a Comment