Friday, May 31, 2013

Tiberian Inquisitor [Part Deux]



"Want to have your most hidden secrets torn from the dark recesses of your soul? Tiberian Inquisitor will do just that. This Belgian-style ale aged for one year in French oak is a beer to be reckoned with." -3Floyds


I Hope You Like Text

I'd say something snarky and nerdy here, but that died with the original post that Blogger ate.  Just know that this is the comic that came to mind after looking at the label for Tiberian Inquisitor.


Creation: Tiberian Inquisitor
Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Masterminds: Three Floyds Brewing Company
Location: Munster, IN (Think Chicago)
ABV: 9.5%
IBU: 20
Availability: Limited (brewed once) bottles & draft
Drinkability: Sipping beer


Served...cold right out of the fridge.

Pours...demonic red!

Head...fingers width.  Sticks around for the entire flavor trip.  Minimal to no lacing.

Nose...acidic bitter caramel Granny Smiths

Starts with...Raisin, notes of oak/vanilla.

Finishes...Dry Chardonnay

Leaves the mouth...puckered.  Sour-ish character.

Serve Warm(er)...Give it 15-30 minutes to air out/warm up out of the fridge.  Dry bitter sweet molasses comes out.  Takes on a creamy and more complex character.  Apple nose more pronounced.  Astringency dissipates.  Pineapple sweetness comes out.

Bitterness cuts the boosiness to near nonexistent background music. Flavor symphony! 

Complex,  Not a pale!

4.5






The Big Guy: This was a weird beer... probably the weirdest beer I have every tasted. I really couldn't describe exactly what all was going on if you told me my life depended on it. That being said, I did know that I liked it. This beer had a unique appley flavor to it with some strong barrel aged characteristics. It was big and boozy. I have two more bottles that I am aging as we speak. I can't wait to see how this turns out in a couple years. I think it is awesome that Three Floyds was willing to do something so outside the box. This is what I wish all breweries did for their one off brews. Give me something unique and different any day of the week. I give it a 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment