Monday, June 17, 2013

Beer Gear: BeerPouch


beerpouch
 
 
I saw this come across the wire and thought to myself, "Why didn't I think of that?!"
 
Remember Capri Sun? You know! That high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) kids' drink that started back in the 80's? The drink itself was housed in an aluminum pouch that you could roll up and recycle once all the liquid was enjoyed. The housing pouch was light weight, non permeable to light, flexable, and shatter resistent. The joy of it was the single serving.

Now let's apply that to beer...
The BeerPouch is the brainchild of Kevin Tubbs, a beer store owner in Alaska. He was on a quest to find an alternative to portable/bulky/non-shatter resistant growler containers.

“I tried every combination of materials I could find, including Tupperware and duct tape, to come up with a package that could hold carbonation and not allow in light or oxygen,” Tubbs recalled. “One morning, my daughter Mackenzie was sipping one of those Capri Sun juice drinks, and this thought hit me - no light goes through that thing!” Tubbs told TODAY.com.

Active adults now have a better option to carry and enjoy their beer hiking, biking, or just leisurely floating around the pool.

Hit the Link for more! http://www.today.com/food/beerpouch-makes-it-easy-sip-suds-go-6C10070626





No comments:

Post a Comment