Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Autumn Marzen

I like Oktobefest beers. I would drink them throughout the year if it were allowed or easily done, but maybe then they wouldn't be as special.

Bier has put together their Autumn Marzen, which is a mostly traditional Bavarian Oktoberfest. It has 6.6% abv and 19.4 IBUs.

The beer pours an amber color with a fine line of white head that stays around the edge of the glass throughout your drinking experience. It has a fruity smell with just a little bit of hops and breadiness. It reminds me of my mothers home made raisin nut bread. Damn, I like her raisin nut bread, now I'm hungry. There is a light mouth feel, which surprised me because of how red the beer was.

The beer starts off with a fruity sweetness. There is a hint of caramel and cinnamon flavor to the malts. It has a crisp hoppy flavor at the end that tingles the tongue just enough that you know it is there. Sweetness and spice are expertly balanced, leaving enough of the beer flavor to keep me super happy.

This is one of my favorite Oktoberfests I have had this year. I give it a 4.







No comments:

Post a Comment