Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cooking Under the Influence: Old Fezziwig Marinated Pork Chops

This recipe is a variation on one that I found on the Sam Adams website. (The original recipe is online here if you're interested.) I have to say that this marinade was delicious. I expected it to be kind of tasty, but this far exceeded my expectations.


Ingredients
6 ounces (3/4 cup) Old Fezziwig Ale
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pork chops


Directions
In a mixing bowl, stir together the ale, soy sauce, honey, rosemary, ginger and cinnamon. Coat the pork chops in the marinade.

I chose to coat the pork chops and then place them in a plastic bag. I poured the remaining marinade into the bag with the pork and letting them sit in the fridge overnight. That gave the marinade time to really soak into the chops.

After letting the marinade soak in, I preheated the oven to 350F, and prepared to bake the chops. The ones I got were relatively thin, and boneless. I was able to bake them for 25 minutes, but you may need to adjust the timing accordingly to best cook your chops.


I wanted the chops to be the star of the dish, so I added some steamed broccoli and some Rice-A-Roni to the plate to finish out the meal. It's definitely a recipe I'll be using again!

No comments:

Post a Comment