- Congratulations to Sun King for a gold medal on Lonesome Dove and a silver medal for Batch 666: Sympathy for the Devil, both in the wood aged strong beer category, both from the King's Reserve series. For anyone who hasn't had Symphony for the Devil, it will be released at the Sun King tap room on the 30th at Noon. Go get it! Sun King seems to really shine in this category. Last year they won gold with Afternoon Delight. Well played Sun King. Thanks for representing Indianapolis so well!
- Congratulations to Carson's Brewery for their gold medal on Red Dawn in the American Wheat category. This is awesome news for such a new brewery. Way to get started with a bang! I haven't had this beer but now I know I need to find it.
- Congratulations to Bier Brewery for a silver medal on Sanitarium, their Belgian quad. This is a once a year bomber release, This is one of my favorite American interpretations of a Belgian quad and I'm saving a few bottles to make a vertical because it ages very well.
- Congratulations to Half Acre for their silver medal on Heyoka in the American IPA category. This is an outstanding beer. Next time you're in Chicago pick up a few. Its pretty easy to find in the city. Check out our review by Russ.
- Congratulations to Founders for their silver medal on their Porter in the robust porter category. This is probably one of the most classic American representations of an old school English style.
You can see all of the winners here.